ABANDONED AIRPORT = FUN

At 19th of September, I got an invitation from Team DRIFTMASTERS to document their drift practice that took place at the abandoned airport at Nusajaya in Malaysia.


Before we go to Malaysia, we have to meet up at the rendezvous point at a gas station near the Singapore's checkpoint.


There's Vincent with his RWD converted Subaru Impreza, and that's hmmmm I dunno the name of that Z's owner on the left.....


After everyone's there, we go off to Malaysia......


Look at the trunk.... SLURP!! New fresh pair of tires from the sponsor! SLURP!!!!


We're at Malaysia now! hmmmmm just a 5 minutes drive to the abandoned airport......


When I first saw the place, it's like my ex-girlfriend came back to me, (LOL malah curcol) it makes me happy! Tell me my fellow drifter friends, what will you do when you see an area like this?!


I don't need to explain it further..... We can see that this is a place of sacrifice for tires...... (it's already there when we first got there ya know!)


Ah.... there's Winston back with new sets of tires! (Don't forget the tires at the back of your car) :D


After everyone's ready, we have a little briefing before we start..


I don't who this guy is, but he drift quite wild for a start......


This is Alvin's S15 tuned by his brother's workshop. Looks like a HANKOOK sponsored drift car don't you think? "Making Motorsports Unfair"? Does this mean that you cheat during races? LOL! Just a joke Alvin! ;D


I took this picture specially for my friend Othman Ramadhan back in Jakarta! Ot, di Singapore ternyata ada tuch orang2 yg suka dgn GRECO! :D


Big open area means more speed, more speed means more bodykits flying around! LOL this one has been here ever since we got there!


God, it's so hot in here......


After a while, someone with this sick and clean S15 came by to see how the drift went out and help our drifter friends. Can you guess who this guy is?


SLURP!!!! Come on guys, can you guess?


Thes original and clean lights of the S15...... SLURP!!!!


It looks clean from every angle! :D


For those who didn't know, this is Ivan Lim's daily driving car. He is the Singapore's Drift King.


That's the guy right there! This guy has a very similar story with my friend Adhi (and his father) of K18 Engineering back in Jakarta. From what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong), Ivan has a mechanic background, so that's why he always knew his stuffs when he drifts. Not just that, he even can make custom parts (which I can't tell you one by one) that almost the same as Adhi and his father made! Ok, I can't explain it to you here in details because it will be a long post here on my blog. But the thing is that now I know what will Adhi looks like when he's a fully sponsored drifter like Ivan Lim.


This is how it looks when you're ready to drift in a long runaway.....


This means that Jason is ready to go tandem with Alvin..


Jason's doing the feint drift to get the return force that will help him face the car to the other direction.....


Clutch kick to get more angle.....!!!!


Get ready to change direction......


Nice goin' Jason! (still holding the camera)


Here again. Jason use the feint drift to help him enter the corner easily.


Just a lil' more.......!!!!


Finally! SPEEDHUNTERS style panning shot! LOL


After all the tires were finished, we all packed up and find something for lunch! (Finally, after a hard and hot day at the field!) I wonder who made their tire to have mohawk hair style like this one? LOL


So Ivan, Alvin, Jason, and me decided to eat at the local mall there. Jason drive a lil bit slow than the other two S15s because he worried that his rear bumper might fall from the car. (only two cable ties that attached the bumper to the car ya know!)


We parked at the empty parking space at that mall. Damn, looks like a special parking spaces for drift car eh?!


After we took A&W as our lunch, we (well, it's Ivan and Alvin and their girlfriends) decided to shop 'till drop! In the other hand, me and Jason like two single drifters waiting for girls to be asked for a date (LOL joking laah Jason). I'm surprised that Malaysia and it's aura feels the same back at my home country, Indonesia.


After a short fun on the "after drift", we finally decided to go back to Singapore and have good rest..... Oh and by the way, do check out the video that I made HERE. Thanks! :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts