Alrizki's GX71 Drift Car Project Pt.1

After a long time (about one year) of savings, I can now bought my very own car with my very own money. Let's talk about the car itself. It's a 1986 Toyota Cressida (GX71). When I first got the car I knew it's not going to be an easy adventure to build the car from zero to hero. From the stains that took over the body and chassis, to the old parts that effects the performance of the car. Recently I saw this quote from Discovery Turbo channel, it said that true love will never have smooth ride. Which is quite true actually, well for me and my car.


The car looks smooth and perfect when I bought it for the first time. Not to mention the hidden stains that I discovered later on.


This is the moment when I changed the shock breakers at K18 Engineering....


The TOYOTA emblem still in a good condition after 24 years.


My favorite part of the car, the classic steering wheel. Even though this thing will be replaced with racing steering wheels, I still enjoy my time with this classic wheel on my dashboard.


I'm using the original engine from the car itself, it's 2000cc 1G-E 6 cylinders SOHC. Why I use this 124 HP engine for drift? Well, I like to see the maximum potential of this engine by modifying it bit by bit. (124 HP is the stock power, I like to see more when I modifying it further. hehe..)

I know that some will say that I need to swap the engine to bigger ones like 1JZ or 2JZ. But for me, before my car can go fast by swapping the engine and add turbo to it, I myself must be a fast driver using a limited engine power. Because this can help me explore the car deeper to its limits. Like this video here, it shows Keiichi Tsuchiya (japanese drift king) can drift a stock old 180sx before the stock engine is SR20 (the only modification is the LSD and hardened suspension). But I will not refuse if someone want to sponsor me with 2JZ-GTE and swapped it right away! LOL


This is what it looks like after the car has been lowered and the suspension was hardened.....

Because the car is still "under construction" I will explain it a little bit further on part 2.

Comments

  1. NICE!
    come on man, bring your car, hit the street, and burn the asphalt! muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice bro..keep up the spirit and goodwork.. read the D1 drifters profile on jdm-option 'drift tengoku' website, most of them starting drift with stock, N/A, open-diff, A/T gearbox, etc.. they master since use stock cars

    ReplyDelete
  3. this car reminds me to that "devil Z" hahaha, goodluck with your project and 5 thumbs up :D


    -Zendeedo-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good start Marino...start stock power. Try to weld your diff. adjust camber and stiffer shocks. Then go out and learn your car to the max!!! enjoy bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first.. it needs to be lower than that... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there any DOHC head cyl for this "1GE" engine?? if there's any..I bet that will be a good start to tune your car rino..and goodluck bang :)

    -Zendeedo-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts